I’m not going to lie, I have a hard time choosing favourites because really, there are a lot of books that I love. I usually love a book series more than standalone’s, as I feel they provide further depth, although of course this is not always the case. You will also quickly learn that I really love fantasy, dystopian, and well, darker books in general. I don’t know why, I just love the dark and sinister.
- Percy Jackson & The Olympians by Rick Riordan
- Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Shatter Me trilogy by Taherah Mafi
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
- The Endgame trilogy by James Frey & Nils Johnson-Shelton
- The Wrath & The Dawn duology by Renée Ahdieh
I currently am in the process of reading a bajillion series so I will add more over time. A lot of them I read the first book a few years ago before the sequels were published so I never read them. I am slowly catching up.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Everyday by David Levithan (I know there’s a sort-of sequel but I don’t think it’s a true sequel, so I’m putting this on the standalone list)
- Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- The Night Parade by Ronald Malfi
I tend to read book series’ more, so that list will always be longer than the standalone list sadly. It may change as I progress as a reader, so we’ll see!